I fell so hungover from the weekend, like circa 2006. Like eyes straining, body sore, skin dry hungover don't talk to me on Monday morning at work hangover. I know this is partly from staying up WAYYYYYYYYY past my bedtime last night watching the King's Speech- which was great in my opinion. And from running around all weekend long, and from eating mounds and mounds of crawfish on Saturday making me all swollen despite drinking 99 bottles of water after! And then choosing to have coldstone creamery with my Mom for dinner last night. You read that right, my mom had a dipped and sprinkled waffle cone with two scoops of full fat ice cream on it. Ha. Loved it, told her I was proud of her.
I also watched Love and Other Drugs on Friday night- LOOOOOOOOOVED IT. I think Anne Hathaway is my favorite movie actress right now, of course until I see Water for Elephants and then I'll be back on the Reecey train. PS- I love the name Reece. The first like 30 min is making fun of big pharm companies which of course I triply loved beacuse well, they are RIDICULOUS (sorry if they provide your family with its means to live, I just don't agree with them) I also got Pei Wei- honey crispy shrimp my longtime soulsister- I've been cheating on her for months and months maybe over a year- and oh my god- so good to go back to the one you love. Anyways, delightful Friday night for me.
Jaime and Russ's shower on Saturday was DELIGHTFUL, everything just looked so great, I think I'm in my most excited feelings when I'm working on something for a shower- the errands, the collection of things, the putting it together- is it bad I enjoy that more than the actual shower? Not this shower in particular- I feel this way every single time. ha. How do I turn this into a profession that makes as much money as my current job + allows me to continue to build my salary? Plus ridic cheap healthcare? Plus great retirement benefits? Plus guaranteed brain stimulation? I'm sure there is sacrifice in true 10000% job satisfaction/happiness! Okay tangent. The rest of Saturday night included my husband royally pissing me off, and I've already dealt with my anger and come back from the dark side, so we'll just leave it at that :) I'm sorry if your name is Julie and you had to listen to the anger on Sunday morning :) And thank you.
On Sunday morning I got to babysit the two cutest babies in the whole wide world! I'm sorry, they are the cutest prettiest smartest most adorable children on this planet! They were sleeping when Jessica and then Josh left so when I heard them talking in their room, I walked in with my hands up and said SARI'S HERE and they shrieked with excitement and hands peeking up over the cribs I couldn't stand it! I couldn't stand it! Then we danced to yo gabba gabba like 99 times and played with the fake Pipers and sat in the rocking chairs and ate yougurt and of course blueberries and said Uhoh Spaghettios 199 times. OHhhhhhhhhhh delicious, it was the best treat Sunday morning could have given me! Then I went to get my Mom and we went to DSW and Home Goods and Ghengis Grill and Coldstone- ya'll it was just a great great great weekend! I'm sure you just wanted that whole re-cap, I didn't intend for this to be that!
Also, Margaret Anne. DONE. Maggie, Madge, Magpie, Mags, Maggie Moo. I had to register which included embroidery. This lady at work told me- Don't monogram anything you can't use it again. She obviously missed the boat on understanding Sarah.
Also, I'm going to Lake Travis from Thur-Tues with my whole family- my Dad told me yesterday he wants to rent a limo and do a wine country tour- I'm like Dad, I'm pregnant- I can just drive everyone! ha. Do you know Jack in vacation mode? It's the most delightful thing ever, money comes out of that wallet like its water- I have to get him to the outlets somehow with that liquid credit card :) For real though, I'm excited, especially since this 10000000000% snuck up on me!!!!!!!!!
Okay okay okay Happy Monday- while writing this my Hangover has dissipated some, amazing what blogtherapy can do for your mind!
Margaret Anne. Love it. So simple and beautiful and sweet for both a baby and an adult. Have so so so much fun with the fam at Lake Travis. And I loved both the King's Speech and Love and Other Drugs. Have you seen No Strings Attached yet? If not, watch it. It was suprisingly funny.
ReplyDeleteohhhhh....so we're all speaking again?
ReplyDeletethat blog just put me in the best mood. anthony rented both of those movies for us this weekend. we watched love and other drugs saturday night. haven't gotten to the king's speech yet. ok, comment on love movie... i did enjoy it and liked that i din't know how it would end. BUT, did you not find there to be too many boob and sex scenes??? i mean, i get it...it was only sex at first. yes, i know i'm an adult and know what boobs and sex look like. i just thought they were a bit over the top for a rom-com. i mean.. the pj party. i don't know. am i too old school?
ReplyDeleteToo much to comment on!! Loved every piece of this post!
ReplyDelete