Tuesday, May 17, 2011

$104.73

That is how much I've spent on ebay buying used smocked or appliqued clothes for Maggie (i'm practicing) over the course of the last two months. This is for 11 bubble/dress/rompers. I mean its the most fun I've ever had online shopping- I also am yet to receive something in the mail that looks like its been worn more than once. I mean I'm sure eventually I'll get burned but when I'm paying <$10 an item, I can deal. But like I don't get emotionally attached to anything I'm bidding on- so once it goes over like $12- I'm out.

I also bought two new pairs of shoes this weekend...................................size 8.5. I am a lot of mixed feelings about this- my feet are just swollen right? I can't give up my shoe collection and start all over!!!! If I have to, Jen is a lucky lucky girl. My mom has told me for years she wore an 8 before she had kids and then her feet changed to a 9- which I NEVER believed. Please please please Gods of feet don't do this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This girl in my department had a baby in January- well she went on leave mid-December like 2 weeks off before the Christmas holiday- the baby was due like Dec 30th- so she ended up having the baby like Jan 3rd or something- (They didn't have Anthony there to remind her of the tax break) so she was off for like a month and then came back once a week, and I was surprised that she was back so soon but then soon learned of her "deal". She was working from home 4 days a week not using FMLA, not using sick/vacation hours- so she played this until the big boss found out and said HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLS to the N-O somewhere Mid-March- soooooooooooo she is just now coming back to work tomorrow, it was announced in our operations meeting this morning. Like as in after her stunt of working from home, she took her FMLA/sick/Vacation time and it lasted her until May 17th. So Dec 13th- May 17th, working a month and a half of Friday's in there. LIKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I looked at my boss like WHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT kinda deal are we working out! So then immediately after the meeting she said- COME HERE, and we worked out our deal. Did I tell you how much I love my boss- I'm sure I've said it- Shari- but I just love her. I'm going to be so sad when she retires and she isn't constantly making sure I get the good end of the stick.

How many days until I go to NOLA and slumberparty at Jen's and have her drive me around, and eat snoballs around the corner from her house like 10 times and go to best friends dinner at Jacques Imo's that Jesse organized and celebrate Renee and Dugas and then spend the rest of the time in search of my frankincense and myrrh candle???? PS- Remember when Paul took all the girls to Jacques Imo's in NYC when he worked there? Like was that one or two lifetimes ago?

This is not my news AT ALL, but Beth's ultrasound is tomorrow. I can't wait, like on edge of my seat can't wait. I think its a girl- that's been my guess all along. Why is this SO.MUCH.FUN to find out what other people are having- ha.

Okay okay okay okay okay- Anthony did you like your shout out?

6 comments:

  1. Wait, is Beth pregnant again? Have mercy! What are you b's drinking? Somebody send me a little of this fertile myrtle baby magic, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pause....we want to know what the deal was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. def. need to know the deal specifics.
    second...i second candice!!! what is going on down in h-town???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we definitely need to know what your deal is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need you to send me these smock dresses that you are getting for $10!

    PS. Saw a missing elderly sign this morning and laughed thinking of your old post.

    ReplyDelete