Monday, June 6, 2011

Thoughts on a Monday

1. I just drank a cup of coffee for the first time in like weeks/months and my tummy/body/stomach is not doing so well. Maybe it was the two french vanilla creamers or the two splendas OR maybe it was mixed with the piece of baby shower cake I accidentally had for breakfast this morning!!!

2. Driving to BR is sooooooooooooo much better than driving to Nola. I'm just saying, if people move to BR I'll do the I-10 dance to your house any old weekend.

3. I like Bebe showers better than wedding showers. Is that okay to say? Less pressure? Less stiffness? Or maybe its because I was surrounded by 30 ppl that love and know me and I don't feel like I'm in a position where I need to put on a show? Whatever it was- sign me up again! (Jen has pics, I promise I'll get them from her)

4. Also I have 100% fully moved on from thinking I wanted a boy- I'm sure this is product of circumstance, but when I close my eyes and think that O&L&M are going to be bff cousins from day 1, I get small tears in my eyes. And the clothes and monograms and pink things that I say I don't even like. I mean I do, I LOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEE them now.

5. Goal for year 1 of my child's life: Stop saying "I don't like this" "I don't do this" "I will never act like that"  you'd think we'd learn.

6. I need a 2nd bar in Maggie's closet because its accidentally already full. Please blame this on Anne Peirce. Like I get 25% of the blame she gets 75%.

7. MY closet is still clean and organized from my closet clean out last month. Trophy? Plaque? Achievement Ribbon?

8. I might have almost bought a backyard above ground pool on walmart.com yesterday. This is going to be a hot hot summer!

9. Are you following Milkweed? If you aren't you are KKaKKKaCCCRAZY http://www.shopmilkweed.com/ Go Go over there right now. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

10. I picked a new wallpaper, it's 1000% different. ha. I mean I couldn't justify the price of the original. Think Cabbage roses, it's also less total gold like this pic looks and more, gold/silver/metallic goodness. The name of the paper is swoon. DUH. Now I just need the bedding to arrive so I can match the paint color, I'm getting excited!!!!
11. I kinda think my baby will be born on August 18th.

12. Somone at work just got promoted into a huge position. This someone is an IDIOT. Like I spend 1-2 hrs a week "helping" him. Like not just in a business sense or a logical sense or anything, just all around no skills man that has somehow worked himself into this position. My boss sent me the email that said, "Hurry up and get your family in place so when he fails you can have this job" I love it when she says things like this. Make me want to stop wasting my time writing down thoughts on this blog and go work ahead of the curve!

13. Jennifer came up with a little advice board for the shower where ppl wrote down some bebe advice...my dad wrote "Don't let your daughter get smarter than you"- I asked him if his daughter was smarter than him and he said, "Not even close" ha. I liked it. (I love when I get to see hope that there is in fact emotional completeness inside of him, silly Peirce males)

14. If you were wondering who the longest baby in the world is? His name is Reid Mestayer. And he's not a baby, he's a boy child- like he might start walking and talking next weekend!

15. ***Here is my PSA*** Did you people get your Astros Komen tickets??? 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer....sisters, wives, mothers, daughters. Don't you want to be part of the almost $30M the Komen Houston affiliate has rasied and donated back to research? Just saying, email me! And on that note- did you see this: http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/06-04-11-gloria-gaynor-flash-mob/ the Komen girls were soooo excited about this, I'm so glad it went down without a hitch!!!

16. I just realized I forgot to take my zantac pill of wonder this morning. It's totally not the cake and coffee! woohooo.  

1 comment:

  1. 5. Goal for year 1 of my child's life: Stop saying "I don't like this" "I don't do this" "I will never act like that" you'd think we'd learn.

    story of my life!

    love the wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete