How in the heckla did I get here? And why is there so much time left until I get to see this bebe's face!!!!!!!
I need a to-do list for work, one for Komen, and one for life right now. They are all jumbling together and it's making my stomach UN-EASY. I'm not good with overwhelming feelings- I don't know how to handle them- I like to keep everything at bay or at least pretend to, so that I don't get to the overwhelming state. Alllllllllllthough I do love it for like two hours when you are running around trying to get a shower or something ready and in the final touches- I LOOOOOOOOOVE that feeling. Like I don't even want to go to the shower- I just want the pre-euphoria that I get. okay okay okay so back to the point, to do lists need to happen with my paper and pencil immediately following the time I'm wasting blog writing that I'm doing to procrastinate writing my to do lists which is really just an excuse to procrastinate working!
John has a cold/cough sore throat that snuck up on him on Thursday nightish- I mean I am NOT getting sick. That is what Jessica does, she just says it like 99 times and it works. So here we are on Monday and I'm still at 100%- I think it's working. I also need someone to write me a little booklet on how to care for sick people. It's a major fault in my life and it comes directly from ANNE ELIZABETH who does NOT do sick people. This is nothing against my husband, but like it's a cold, take some medicine, lay down and get the F over it. Right? Okay I know, my dad called me heartless at dinner on Saturday and wondered if John knew this about me before we got married. I'm like all like- DAD, your wife taught me this!!! HULLLO!
Maggie's bedding came in and its the most delightful thing I've ever seen, touched, opened and rubbed on my cheek in my whole life. Purpley/Lavender washed linen goodness stuffed with angel wings. I'm sssssssssserious. Like even the packaging was magnificent- ohhhhhh Restoration Hardware you are a beautiful thing. Sooooooo my mom and I took the glory and went to Glick, which I had never been too and LOOOVEd it, I may or may not have pretended I was at Zarin fabrics, and we got silk for the curtain panels and some brocade upholstery weight fabric for the cradle bumpers. My mom has stripped and power washed the cradle and I've decided I'm painting it deep purpley/egglplant. GOI if you think I'm crazy but don't be all like- omg so cute so cute when you see it all finished. Becky says Jack, Jan and Don slept in this cradle and so did Jessica and Jonathan- unfortunately I didn't and I'm not sure about Marla and David and Jan's kids but I mean I'm more than happy with the 4 that did make it in there! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can NOT WAIT.
Speaking of bebe sleeping aparatus...I finished painting and poly-ing the crib this weekend. Let's just say next time I get the idea to paint a spindle crib 7 months pregnant in the heat of the summer- just find a way to talk me off of the bridge. Umm Kay. But it's done, and beautiful and what I wanted and the painted Jenny Lind's online are like $1000 and I paid $70. Ahhhh just that sentence validated me. But, now I have to put that pupster back together!
So scratch the Lake Travis house, we've now threatened to buy a vacation house in how many cities across the country? Like 5 or 6??? They went to Galveston yesterday and now they are high on life house on the beach. I mean I'm not getting any excitement levels up yet. Well maybe just a little tiny bit back in that part of my brain that sometimes wants to just quit my job and be an event planner/interior decorator/crafter/cupcake baker/christmas stylist/owner of tiny boxwoods + Thompson & Hanson westside.
Dallas this weekend to babysit Emma Kate so her parents can go celebrate Katie's 30th birthday! Can't wait can't wait can't wait to see almost 8 month old Ryan as a girl in real life!
Do your parents want well-informed Galveston tour guides? Because my aunt and uncle who live there love nothing more than to give people tours of the island and give them every little piece of info re: the history/economy/social structure of the little city. It's not a bad deal because if you're with them, you're guaranteed a decent cocktail at 5pm.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't feel bad about not being florence nightengale when John's sick. Neal was dying on the couch last year and I took off and went
to Jazz Fest. His mom called him to check on him when I was gone and he lied and told her I was at the grocery store.
I can't wait to see the crib and bedding!!!! I need pictures!
ReplyDelete