Thursday, December 8, 2011

Me likey

I just found this on pinterest. I mean I don't normally gravitate towards the quote type things on there but I really really really liked this one for many many many reasons.
Pinned Image
Also, raise your hand if you wish the Dixie Chicks had a holiday albumn!!???? I mean do they and I don't know??? Nothing comes up on Pandora...but if you type in Jessica Simpson Holiday Radio you get one banging station for yourself.

Since we don't get to dress up for our Christmas party this year, I'm putting all my thoughts, crafting, designing and desires into Annie's Minnie Mouse birthday party. Just you wait. Did you know the twins say "Minnie" in the cutest possible way. It might replace "Fishies" as the cutest thing they say in my mind. I mean they all sorts of things and then even more that Jessica decifiers and I can't- but like "Minnie" in 20 month old voices warms my heart like nothing right now.

And in the spirit of behind-the-scenes....I'm not into Christmas at all. I have no desires at this moment to get a tree, I don't want to decorate, I don't want to drag the shit out. I'm not excited about buying or getting presents and I mean I LOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEE buying, wrapping and of course getting Christmas presents. Christmas in our house (like I'm sure many houses) was like the high high highlight of the year and I just can't shake it. How the fuck are we going to have Christmas without my Mom there. I feel like in someway I'm stalling myself from arriving at it because I don't really want to experience it without her because it's going to painful. I'd rather just stay in my state of over-scheduling distraction. Like its going to be sooo sooooooo real to wake up Christmas morning without my Mother.

I really hope Jessica Simpson Christmas can get me in the mood! I mean it's Mags 1st Christmas!!!!!!!

And other than that I'm still high on life working. I had a Komen meeting last night and I couldn't get enough- like I must have told 10 ppl that I liked being at work. Another girl in the group had a little girl at the end of October and this was her first more than 1hr segment away from the baby- she had three glasses of wine like she had gotten out of jail. She's retired/investment banker husband/volunteers for basically every group in Houston probably accumulating 40hrs a week doing that- she told me she's done with her maternity leave from retirement. ha. Made me laugh! She also said her baby doesn't sleep past 2-3hr chunks at night. I told her go read babywise...she didn't know, she didn't know about it. There are groups of people out there that don't know, no one has told them!!!!!!

And I wore maternity pants to work yesterday and I'm doing it again today. Can someone please post that they did the same thing. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Serisously, I have two pairs of yoga-ish pants that are maternity pants, and I've never been pregnant. I wear them all the time.

    I know how much you love J Simpson, so if she can't get you in the mood, I don't know what will.

    I am going to save this Babywise thing that you keep talking about on Amazon so that, when the time comes, I'm bout it bout it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quote.

    can i say out loud i was still wearing maternity pants six months ago. do the math... whatevs. i'm waiting for the elastic waistband trend to catch on.

    also annie doesn't have a birthday outfit. i guess i need to get on that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissssssssstmas.....i mean. I don't know. Elope?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! Things are going great here in Austin. Mags is gonna love it. Even Piper can come if she stays in the backyard... which is huge!Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. like duh... i wore maternity pants to annies bday party!!!! like all the time. they are the best things that were ever created. my butt doesnt hang out in the back when i sit down to play with the kids on the floor. like cute looking, but comfy like pjs. pajama jeans. lol. ryan always says he wishes they made pregnancy pants for men. hes so jealous... and he should be. i will never stop wearing them. done and done.

    ReplyDelete