Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve, Eve

I am at work right now! This is what happens when you take 3.5 months off and your maternity leave ends in December...you have to work on days like this. My eyes are bleeding out of boredom, I can only super-stalk TLC's facebook page, twitter acct, ebay and blog so many times in a row.

I'm not sure anyone in my world takes Westheimer to get on the Beltway to get on Westpark Tollway Eastbound. Ya'll. It's frog. You know or Cars. Whatever that game was called on your gaming system/first generation apple computer when the apple was rainbow colored. Like when you got a computer game, and to play it you pulled it out of the disc case and inserted it and waited for it to boot up and then you plugged your joystick (JOYSTICK!) into the computer where the mouse was...like you couldn't use both at one time. Okay- back to the interstate. You literally (and I MEAN LITERALLY) have 1/4 mile to get over 4 lanes on the beltway to a left exit for Westpark. Every one's driving 99 miles an hour on the beltway at 7am and they don't care that you have to play frog to get over...it's the biggest adrenaline rush every morning..sometimes I think I go that way for the rush. And you know what, I've missed it before, like I've had to circle back, sometimes you don't always win at frog.

I'm still not done Xmas shopping...I really really really need someone to tell me I can leave work right now and go fall into the gap for a quick second. Then I might take myself to Kohl's. Do ya'll remember Mervyn's...every time I go to Kohl's I'm brought back to my childhood...my Mom LOOOOOOOOOOVED her some Mervyn's. LOVED IT. I can still see the layout of the store in Bakersfield in my head. Ahhhhhh. (PS- Mervyn's is a very weird word to type out)

Jack's got Mags today. Ha. I know they are surviving, but I hope she's being a sweet darlin like I told her to be. They are going to drive to Kemah to get shrimp for Christmas Eve dinner so hopefully she is participating by sleeping in the car..and then engineer doesn't have any mechanical issues with the stroller!

A friend of a friend had a full term stillborn baby earlier this week. Amanda called me this morning to tell me about it...I can't wrap my mind around this. I spent the last 2 months of my pregnancy PETRIFIED this was going to happen, because it had happened to my Mom. I tried to push it back to the deepest corner of my mind and I tried not to talk about it outloud but it was there. I can't imagine the pain this girl and her husband must feel right now. I know my own Mother didn't tell me about it until close to 15 years after it happened...15 years...from someone that went on to have 3 healthy children...I can't fathom. And it's Christmas...forever. Make sure you give your little bebe's an extra hug today. When I hear things like this, I wish my Mom was here...she'd tell me to tell the girl to call her or get her email..or email Amanda with what to say. And she'd tell her something that we don't even know- something that would never be shared with us- she was really good at that. Secret knowledge pulled out at just the right moment.

1 comment:

  1. My mom loved Mervyn's, and her mom loved Mervyn's too! :) And I remember when our moms were email buddies for a time. I bet they still are. Thinking of you and your family this holiday season. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete