The babe is the size of an ear of corn! And as of yesterday she weighed 1pd 4oz! I don't know why the eclipse from just oz to a pd + oz number is so fun for me, but it is. Like 1 pd 4 oz! I get excited when i've lost that much daily on the scale- when I'm being a WW.
Yesterday I went back to Women's for another ultrasound to redo the heart/brain part and I was sooo cool as a cucumber, you can ask John. Like I didn't talk about it for days, I didn't go into it thinking worst case, I was so cool and confident and happy go lucky pregnant tell the ladies in the changing room what I'm having, not scared to say- I'm back to get better pics of the heart/brain. So the tech comes to get me- Jeanette- same lady- great. I'm still so cool, I tell her she didn't give me my pics and I want them and I'm keeping it still so cool and sweet and steady. So then she goes and gets John and we start and new pics and new baby shots and BIG BABY IN THERE shots and faces and hands and fingers and brains and then back to the heart. The heart on the baby that is laying on her side so what she is trying to get a picture of (4 distinct chambers I later learned) is behind the shadow my belly button casts on the ultrasound....so "let me go get the doctor" is all she says. I'm still cool and calm- I mean I'm no longer joking and laughing and asking ?'s but I'm not having a panic attack and getting the wand myself and doing the damn thing. Sooooooooooooo Dr. Shah comes in and says, "I'm going to use the 3D probe to get a better shot of the heart, I need to make sure I see 4 chambers in the pictures and they way she is laying is not clear to me" WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY can't Janette say this. Or something non-clinically like this. So in 1.1 seconds Dr. Shah was done and everything was perfection. LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE then he gives Janette a speech on using the 3d probe when there are shadows, etc. Like JJJJJJJJJJJANEEEEEEEEEEEETEEEEEEEEEE take a class called "Beside manner for dealing with First Time Mothers who read every single line of every single book and know what can be wrong and already are predispositioned to be neurotic in certain circumstances" OK.
Tracey Samuels told me she would have marched me back over there if Janette would have sent me back to her empty handed again. Also, Tracey Samuels cursed twice durning my appointment- like funny cursing. I was like WHooooooooooo are you? Did Mary Lou stop by this morning??? Or are you just happy because you ate bread last night since Passover was over??? (just for giggy, just showing I'm participating)
Also I thought I saw a penis on there for a second (like I have any idea what I'm seeing) and my heart sank just a little. Like I didn't want my little girl to be a little boy. Not just because of the already established wardrobe- but I didn't in my heart, in my gut! Who's proud of me!!!!!!
Anyways, remember all my talk about babe being feet down she's so not anymore- she's kicking, punching, swirling, twirling all over the place- I can't imgaine this not existing now....it's got to be weird when this is gone? Yes? Also when I eat green apples, that girl goes ape shit all over the place- maybe this means she will be a fruit lover in life! Maybe it means she got John's metabolic genetics! Maybe her weight battle won't be so painful and existant every single day since she turned 12! Ohhhhhhh I can only hope for her! I also tried to look at those feet, I'm so nervous they are John Schnure flat wide paddles. Oh sweet baby girl please get mama's feet which she got from her Daddy! PLLLLLLLEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeease so you can wear high heels until your hearts content! Okay okay okay those are my wishes this week!
Here's some pics, I mean creepy/freaky + really cute! Thin line people, thin line. I feel as though that chin is my chin? Yes? Or am I just making shit up?
I'm picturing that scene in the movie Juno where they're getting the ultrasound and the tech decides to comment on the situation and the step-mom goes off on her. I'm proud of you for keeping it together!
ReplyDeleteultrasound pictures. such a mom thing. i love this. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete