I have a new Tortilla Soup recipe, it's so good, like I'm sure if WW gets ahold of it, it's going down in the hall of fame right next to Taco Soup and 1pt Potato Soup...I don't see how this couldn't!
1 can FF refried Beans
1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
1 can Chicken Broth (I bought the box and def used more than a can's worth, I didn't want the soup quite so thick)
1 1/2 cups Frozen Corn
3/4 Salsa
3/4 Cup cubed Chicken Breast- I used 1/2 a rotisserie chicken
1/2 Cup Water
2 cups reduced fat cheese (I'm kinda thinking my old friend 2% Velvetta might be really good here, it's like 1 pt a big slice)
Combine everything but the cheese (unless you try the velvetta), Bring to a boil, reduce heat and then simmer 10 min covered- add 1 cup of cheese- stir and cook over low until cheese is melted. Use the remaining cheese to top your bowl.
So yum ya'll so yum.
And now that I'm thinking of 2% velvetta I think I need to recreate the broccoli/rice casserole of 2004/2005 when Mig and I were super skinny.
YES! Recipes. I love tortilla soup..and it sounds super easy. Please post the broc and rice thing too. I just happen to have some 2% velveeta in my frig b/c I used it in a chicken spaghetti casserole thing that Jill gave me the recipe for.
ReplyDeleteI made that this week and it was so good that Josh Samet went pack for seconds and then licked the pot clean so I wouldn't have to pack left overs....just saying!
ReplyDelete