I couldn't find my old recipe based of Mrs. Susan's award winning Broc and Cheese Casserole, so I improvised and it worked out pretty well
1 chopped medium onion
3 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of celery 99% FF
1 can cream of mushroom 99% FF (I DO NOT LIKE MUSHROOMS! I use Cream of Chicken)
16 oz bag of frozen chopped broccoli (or whatever the size of package is, you could adjust it more or less)
6 oz of Velveeta 2% milk fake processed yummy cheese
1 tbls butter to cook down the onion.
Salt and Pepper
Cook down the onion, add the broccoli- I put it in frozen and just tossed it around until it seemed warm, add the soups- stir- add the cheese- stir in until melted- chunk it before putting it in. I did 6 oz (each oz is 1 pt..there is a measure thing on the package like cream cheese) you could probably get away with 4 oz but why? It's 1 pt an oz. Add the cooked rice- salt and pepper. Pour into a glass baking dish and cook for 30 min on 350. I think we calculated it was 3 pts if you cut it into 6 servings, 2 if you cut it into 12. I mean cutting it into 12 is still big servings.
Anyways is was delish. Also John made me a smoothie yesterday? Why did I jump on this bandwagon before? Fruit! I mean I hate it! But I loooooooooooooove it in a Very Berry Smoothie!!!!!
I hope everyone had a happy MLK day! I sure did! The state of Texas has taken away my Spring Break day and some other random holiday we used to get between Jan and May- so now its nothing but full work weeks from here on out. I have a feeling the state of Texas will soon be taking away more than that, but I'll just keep on smiling for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment