This is my week of things and things and thangs to do. I meant to say thangs there. First and foremost Vali and Jaime are getting Maaaaaaawried. Pretend that was Yat. Maaaawwwwrrrrreeead. This leads me to get all kinds of things done to myself so I feel pretty at their weddings. Not that they are about me in any way but good golly highlights and tans and nails and new dresses and shoes sure make me feel like I lost 20 pounds. Mig and I have a motto- tan fat is better than white fat and I'm sticking to it!
We went to Galvey this weekend, better known as The Hamptons of the Gulf. LIiiiiiiiiiiiiike living on the beach is just as you thought. Piper running on the beach chasing birds all morning. Walks with the baby byjorn (i don't understand that word) along the beach meeting the neighbors as they do their morning walks. Coffee on the porch. Family breakfast of pancakes with blueberry syrup, eggs cooked 5 ways (which I don't eat), bacon and sausage because Jack's cooking topped off with big old glasses of OJ poured in cups with palm trees on them. Drinking, eating and LSU watching on the strand, and Maggies first time with toes in the sand. She liked it. Especially when her grandpappy just plooped her down, no blanket, no towel. You know, he raised 3 kids, he doesn't worry about sand and 8 week olds. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the salt life. THE SALT LIFE!
Mags and I went to the mall yesterday and I just want to give myself a I can handle everything like it ain't no thing award. Nursed two times- once in the nursing room and once in public- swaddled the baby mid-mall, and sometimes we had to sway while we shopped with an empty stroller. Then to top it all off I brought her to my office where she promptly had a blowout diaper that went all the way up her back and I played cool as a cucumber the whole time. Like I was just really proud of myself. Does that sound silly- blah I don't care!
SOooo moving on. 2 month appointment tomorrow where I tell Dr. Pate all my irrational fears that I keep in my head and only say to John or Jessica every once in a blue moon. I mean she's so cool, I hope she doesn't put me on the list. I'm just going to format them in a voice that sounds non-crazy, super cool, nursing in public don't bother me kinda girl. Then we pack up and ship the Magster off into her Aunties care and again I'm just totally cool. Just like Jules told me.
Then it's memorial week- but we'll get there next week. I hope it doesn't stir up my strength, I can feel the emotions bubbling- ehhhh can't explain it right now. But it's there. Right now I get to talk about my Mom on my terms. I bring her up when I feel comfortable and I get to stop the convo when I'm done. I guess I fear if I'm not ready for something and it sneaks me, I might lose it? Like the 30 voicemails I have saved on my phone, that I go through and listen to every couple of days...and I'll catch her saying something in one and realize I'll never hear it again...you get the picture. But the next day I go back for more. And the next.
But for now let's go see some people that I love dearly get Married! I can't wait to celebrate!!!!
Mags was really excited about the Saints on Sunday!!!
look at that sweet baby girl... i could eat her. i'm so jealous of every single activity you just described at the beach house. i need it in my life! when are we old enough to get a group of friends to go in on a tailgating spot at LSU and also a beach house? I'm ready already!
ReplyDeletei love all three of these posts from the last week. so much i want to say but can't put it into words!! you are doing great things!!! love you and miss you and i want to talk to you soon. xoxo
ReplyDelete