Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Why Hello Friend

I'm here! I'm okay! I'm strong! This is life. My life is different now, and it's missing a huge something, but it's still going on. And it's going to keep going on and on and on and I'm still the same person I always was. I'm actually still happy with life- I'm not mad at it, I'm not angry with it, I think it's just unfair. Unfair just like we were always taught. My Mom must have told me "Life's not Fair" 1 zillion times, she, like as in most things, was right. I have 99,999 things to say about losing my Mom and most of them start with "I just wish she........Maggie" but I can't let myself go too far into that because that is when I lose it. Not for myself, but for my daughter and what she will never get to know. Or for what my Mom wanted to share with her grandchildren and never got the chance to.

I'm moving on for now, I need to keep it in small doses, plus I had to pry the laptop from John's grip and I can't spend the whole time under the gray clouds. So here are all the thoughts I've been mulling over.

1. Why do the deli counter people get pissed at you when you asked for your meat shaved. And act like they can't do it- they show you a piece of meat no where near shaved and say "is this good" BITCH you know that's not good, now crank that thing down and shave the damn turkey I'm paying $9.99 a pound for. What else do you have to do???? If you are going to cut meat in a deli at Kroger for life, then take some pride in throwing down a pound of shaved Boar's Head Cajun Turkey!!!!

2. Most eligible Dallas....please. please someone. Courtney and Matt(ey) PUUUUUUUUUUHLEASE. Also her hair, I think she's my hair idol or all time. That hair is amazing. It's the most amazing hair I've ever seen. Everyday, Every style. I also love her collection of draped clothing. I'm a draped clothing whore. It does good things for my body!

3. Speaking of bodies- did I tell you when I was getting wheeled in for my c-section the dr is telling me about how she will do the incision nice and low, you won't be able to see it in a bikini. I laughed out loud. I think I may have said- I haven't worn a bikini since I was like 4...Do you not see what we are working with here? It still makes me laugh- I'm sure she just says that to everyone to loosen them up- still laughing.

4. Did you know my child sleeps through the night. Since 4.5 weeks....she's 8 weeks on Thursday. It's not a fluke. One of my Mom's nurses used to say every morning, "how long last night, you know it's not real" and everyday I'd tell her- 8 hrs, 9 hrs, etc and she'd get more and more pissed everyday. I feel like I might need to sneak back over and let her know we are still going strong. I also had to tell John this evening that we are proud of this and we sing it from the rooftops. He nay says it too much- like- oh yeah she woke up the other night at 4 and needed a paci....I mean I play it off.....but he was downplaying it too much. I work hard to follow the Katie Banquer babywise schedule and I want the credit! If you are wondering she went to bed at 9:30 tonight...and I put her in bed awake. Muuuuuuahhhhhhhh Life's not fair :)

5. WE (used loosely) got the beach house! The thoughts in my head about this are so delightful. Like we own our own little piece of the beach! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh we are going this weekend to spend the night. Can't wait...can't wait. 8 week old's go to the beach right??? Now I just have to convince Jack to decorate up to my standards....like remember that everything ever purchased was because my Mom talked my Dad into it. Treading in new water here people!

6. Vali and Jaime are getting married in less than 2 weeks....I can only remember how excited I was 2 weeks out from my wedding. In the sweet spot...just dying to tell anyone that would listen that I was getting married. alkjf;ldkjfaldjfakjdf;kajd;fj. This also means my anny is like right around the corner. What do I want? Rose Gold Kenneth Cole man looking watch? Okay okay okay. Twist my arm!!! We also got our double wedding weekend with a baby figured out. Nanny SuperJen to the rescue...like what am I going to get her as a thank you for this....Rose Gold Kenneth Cole man looking watch? Okay Okay Okay

7. So like Pinterest went Mainstream right?

8. Baby Legs are the cutest thing in my life right now...well maybe Mags + Baby Legs. Case in Point Below.

4 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful it's ridic. And yes, pinterest is completely mainstream. I was sooo late jumping on that bandwagon. And you now have a family beach house? I'm way jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank yoooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu. finally.
    that was sooo delightful! everything. d-e-l-i-g-h-t-...
    go buy yourself your own laptop because i want more. like i want a back log of your blogs to read. i want to go get a fresh cup of coffee and read more. ya dig? go. buy. a. lap. top. now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first few posts......do you get inside my mind or what?!?!?!
    obvi, i don't have child yet but i would like to take the s.schnure class for babies so i can have a perfect/sleeping child like you.
    lastly, WHERE OH WHERE did you get that bib madge has on??!?!!?!? i'm dying, its phenom. i need it in boy version x 10!
    xoxoxoxoxxooxxo

    ReplyDelete