Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Good Morning!!!!

Again, I'm a sucky blogger these days. Sorry sorry sorry!

I had a delightful little weekend- Friday we had a happy hour at my big bosses house which I was 1000% dreading but it ended up being the best time. John and I stayed way past everyone's departure just sweating the piss out of her family. And its was like a Sarah/John are on point fest. We couldn't say anything wrong/not funny- I wanted to give John a high five like 10 times throughout the night- so I just told him he was amazing and great like 99 times on the ride home. Saturday my Mom and I met our down-the-street neighbors- the Garin's- at Einstein. Because that's what you do in Briar Forest on Saturday mornings....you go walk the Terry Hershey bike trails with your babies and dogs and then you go straight to Einstein in your sweaty workout clothes and stay way too long chit-chatting and let your baby make sweet eyes at the other babies in the restaurant. We skipped the workout part obviously. Then my Mom and I did every last errand I could think of doing, which resulted in more baby clothes-duh. Sunday I watched 10 lifetime movies in a row, and then even ventured out to the pool. I mean it was just a great weekend without a baby being born!

Speaking of un-born babies, I went to the dr yesterday and I got a big fat NO CHANGES. But let me massage your cervix and see what that does. Which really means let me inflict horrible pain on you and ask you 10 times while I'm doing it if you are okay but you can't really answer because you are doing everything in your power to stare at a fixed point on the ceiling so you don't look like a complete baby seeing as this is a 1 min procedure and in the very near future you need to go through labor. Then we talked about induction which is just so fearful for me, I don't know why I created this irrational fear but I did and its huge and its festering. And I am completely aware I have no control over this. Soooooooo when I got in the car and called John I 100% lost it when I heard his voice and couldn't even talk because I was sobbing/snotting/blubbing hurry up and put your sunglasses on inside the garage so the ticket ladies don't see your eyes. Sooooooo when I got home John pretended Piper had eaten my shoes and they were messed up and go look in the bedroom I put them on your bag and there was the most beautiful black and white diamond ring I ever did see. He said he couldn't wait, and I was upset, and one of his books said you can give gifts before labor and blah blah blah times a million I liked it. I'm sure its been just burning a hole in his pocket. Like when he gets a gift card and needs to use it RIGHT THEN AND THERE. Like three rows of diamonds looks all stackable and fantastic with my rings. Non-matching but matching. Funky but still classy. Great by itself. BUUUUUUUUUUUT I can't wear it because of my huge swollen fingers- so I wore it and my other rings on my pinky for the rest of the afternoon pretending they were on my ring finger. Like I can't wait for someone to see it on my hand and be full of jealousy!! God I am so lucky.

ALlllllllllllso does anyone remember when I said- These ppl at work don't understand how much work there is. How is this gonna get figured out? Get done? Who's going to do this? I'm trying to preemptively prepare...and everyone told me- Oh don't worry. Don't worry, we'll get it done. Oh don't worry about that Sarah work will get done if you are here or not. I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for everyone to come to my office and deal with the fantastical freak outs happening every day this week because realization hit home. And like it's my fault if you didn't know. Like "I stayed up all night making a list of things to ask Sarah before she leaves- Thanks Sarah" See my fault. Huffing and puffing. Making statements like "I don't know who thinks I'm going to be able to get this done, they don't pay me enough and I'm not staying late like Sarah does" SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PEOPLE. I told you. I TOLD YOU SO. I knew this was going to happen!!!!!!!

My boss did make me snicker doodles and they are fucking the best snicker doodle I've ever had. Don't tell my mom because she loves to make snicker doodles- so I GUESSSSSSSS I'll be nice the rest of the week even though she ignored my pleas for the past 2 months.

I feel like my blog might be not happy right now. Like I lost the happy side of life. I need to cross the street and get myself back over there!

6 comments:

  1. send me a pic of the ring, you big tease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, pics of the rings, please. It sounds B-E-A-utiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the sobbing is so familiar! Yay for awesome husbands and this oh so special though frustrating wait to meet Baby Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for john....he is.the.best. and yes, pictures pleeeease!
    and i LOVE when you are the funniest person at the party...such a great feeling.
    can't wait for bebe schnure to get hereeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  5. another request for pics please! and when i im'ed you this morning, i didn't realize that you had posted this with all the same info!! sorry for making you say it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh btw, lifetime had some EPIC movies on this past sunday. i watched them too :)

    ReplyDelete