Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Huuuuuuuuuullllllo

I am a bad bad bad blogger! What to say what to say!

1. 1cm dilated, engaged bebe head and a thinning cervix, I mean I'll take it. Just keep on moving Mags keep on keeping on! I wish ya'll could be in my head and hear my list of reasons why I'm going into labor soon. I was STARVING at like 10am today and I thought for a second, "signs of upcoming labor" I asked Gig and she just said- "ha". I mean I was being serious.
2. Maggie has like 5 choices of outfits to wear home from the hospital- one of the hats I have has a crown on it. I realized after purchasing it....do you think people will associate this with "princess"- It's not supposed to be- it's supposed to be New Orleans, French, Mignon Faget, right? I never thought this until just now. I don't want people looking at pictures and being like look at the little bebe princess. gross.
3. When people wash their hands in the bathroom and then use the paper towel to open the door and then throw it away in the trash can down the hall and then open the office door with their bare hands. What's the difference? You don't think the same person who didn't wash their hands in the bathroom to touch the bathroom door didn't open the office door? Sometimes I think ppl just do it to be cool. Like if they are in the bathroom with you they make a huge dramatic gesture as to not touch that bathroom door but then they open the office door. Sometimes I try and manhandle the doors as much as possible just to secretly piss them off.
4. You know what else I do to secretly piss people off. If you have an automatic read-receipt on you outlook account. So like EVERY EMAIL YOU SEND TO ME REQUESTS A READ RECEIPT. Don't think I don't hit "NO" everytime. I don't mind if you use the read-receipt in appropro situations but EVERY email isn't- you're just being selfish and thinking your too cool for school. And while we are at it...please change the default email font from hot pink size 16 to black size 10. And you don't need an email template that has fucking unicorns and rainbows and God is Great written at the bottom. This is a business.
5. Did you see the nursery pics on milkweed? If you didn't you need to go go go. Like I told Jessica Style Me Pretty and Milkweed all in one year- what a life I lead!
6. Sooooooooooooo here's the part I've been avoiding. My Mom. Her scans were bad, bad bad + bad. The cancer has grown in her lungs and spread into her liver. She had a MRI today to make sure it wasn't in her spine- So we are in three organs now and I think everyone with half a brain can deduce where this is going. They are out of drugs to try, and they offered her a clinical trial that has never been tested on humans- I don't know where this stands at this point. She did go to MDA today to meet with a psychiatrist and have some come to Jesus- living while dying type talks- which made her cry all morning but by the end of it, I think it was the best thing she has experienced in a LONG time. I went to lunch with her and she didn't shut up about all the things the phych told her. AND she is now under the realization that Jack, Jonathan and David are not emotionally checked into this situation nor are they checked in as part of the support system. I mean I know she has known this but I think someone other than myself telling her will hopefully have some type of positive impact. SOoooooooo once again, life is finite and we need to squeeze the most of out it that we possibly can. This is where we are just so you know and you don't have to awkwardly ask me. And plllllllllease don't tell me It's going to be all right, they'll figure it out. Because they actually won't and it's the one statement I just can't stand. Call me a pessimist in this situation but I have my many many reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment