Thursday, February 10, 2011

WINTER

I DO NOT live in a cold climate on purpose! And I do realize I'm joining the masses complaining about the cold but I just want to complain!!!!!!

Yesterday at work we got an email that said: (I mean I just copied the whole thing over)

Please do not use space heaters in your office.  These are not approved by the university, and cannot be used.  The space heaters will trip circuit breakers, and the Maintenance Team has had over 8 calls today alone to flip the breakers back on due to space heater usage. 

Other ideas for improving your comfort level include:
·         layer your clothing
·         bring a small afghan/blanket to lay across your lap while sitting at your desk
·         keep the blinds closed

Facility Operations’ Energy Management Team is responsible for keeping the room temperature between 70-74, and if the room temperature falls within this range, they will not adjust the temperature. 

a) who has used the word afghan post 1925?
a1) can the afghan/blanket only be small? And only used on your lap?

b) if ppl are using space heaters and tripping circuit breakers and you are getting complaints don't you think there is some type of problem with the temp in here and maybe an afghan isn't the answer?
c) at what executive level do you think layering clothes and keeping an afghan for your lap is the best decision for a building full of ppl FREEEEEEEZING.
d) there is no way in hades it is 70-74 degrees in here
e) I don't have blinds on my window nor do I have insulation..all I have is a HUGE CAVE of emptiness which is part of the flood wall system.
f) Should I thumbtack up my afghan to prevent the cold from coming in through my un-insulated, un blinded window?
g) everyone in my office has said afghan at least 16 times today- that is the only good coming out of this.

How much longer?? I know I'll signing another tune come August when I weigh 999 pounds and the sweat under my boobs doesn't disappear all day long unless I lift my boobs up and lay under the fan naked. At that point I'll be praying for afghan type weather!!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. i'm gonna be dreaming of afghans now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised they didn't mention snuggies. I would think that with the sleeves and all they would be way more functional in an office setting.

    ReplyDelete